Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Friday, July 07, 2006

When a Door Closes...

A window of opportunity has definitely thrown itself wide open for me. Today, I have an interview! And not just any interview, an AMAZING, kick-ass interview.

As many know, I like to peruse Hot Jobs and other career postings just for fun. It never hurts to see what else is out there, because most times you need to put yourself in the position for that opportunity to come knocking...or barreling in, kicking down the door, or whatever! Lately, I've been looking extra hard, but for two friends of mine that are hunting. As my searching continues, I realize that I posted my resume on two different sites, but almost two years ago. Hello! Let's update that, baby! So, I did, and the next morning I received a phone call at 8:30 am from a very reputable recruiter. It seems the position she is recruiting to be filled is everything I've done in the past, plus it incorporates what I'm doing now at The Bird regarding first printings and whatnot.

The thing I am most excited about is that the publishing company deals primarily with legal publications. I took this as a sign that maybe I should get myself back onto my path, heading towards law school. I truly believe in signs, so I am going on this interview and giving it my all. And did I mention that the salary is almost $10,000 more than what I am making now?!?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home