Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nerves of Steel

Today we had a HUGE meeting. It's to finalize all of the print and shipping information for the first September pub group. September through December are going to be crazy groups because we're doing these off the hook Nora Roberts promotions to coincide with her new trilogy. So, today's meeting encompassed the first book in Her trilogy along with two major sales promotions. Not only does the Sales department attend, but the NJ office is phone conferenced in and we have the Distribution people from our warehouse and printer/binder attend from PA. Yes, this meeting is a VERY big deal. I have run this meeting twice before in the past, and it's all been going really well, so I wasn't nervous to run this one either, despite the 3.3 million printing of Nora's latest. What had me nervous was all of the additional attendees at this meeting. It was the largest showing from the Sales department I had ever seen, and the VP of Sales even attended...Whoa! But it was great! I presented what I had to, and even had the informed answers to all questions posed by NJ, and the VP of Sales. I was totally on my game today! :) What a feeling!

And to add to my elation, I received a call-back interview for Monday to meet with the Director of Operations/Manufacturing. The recruiter spoke with the manager I interviewed with yesterday and had only positive things to say. So much so that the Director wants to meet with me as well! Only good things in my future as far as I can tell.

Count down to the tattooing: 3 days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home