Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Revolutionary

I am currently reading a book called INSPIRATION, and it is based on the Law of Attraction, a concept that has been recently introduced to me. I'm not going to get into the actual, technical theory behind the Law because it is too long an explanation and topic to cover. Basically, in an abridged description, it is a theory of thought that everything you think, literally think in your head, creates energy waves since everything about the human body all comes down to atoms and energy anyway. These energy waves, once thought and sent out into the universe, effect other things of energy. Kind of like the butterfly effect in a way, but this is more to do with your personal thoughts and habits, and how changing your way of thinking can better, not only your mental, but also physical disposition in life.

Not being completely happy with many aspects of my life, I have finally decided to quit bitching and start a revolution. El Revolucion de Carolyn! I have goals this year that I set on my birthday, and one is to better my quality of living. Much of this, I have recently come to realize, falls on the way I view myself and what I feel I do and do not deserve for myself. Ah, self-esteem. So, it all really comes down to that...again. Yes folks, that's right...I suffer from low self-esteem!

What I am hoping is that in reading about this theory on the Law of Attraction, I will at least gain some perspective on a different way of thinking, in hopes to gain what it is I need to truly believe in myself and to believe in what my friends and family constantly tell me I deserve for myself. True, it may be nothing more than a quack trying to start a cult, but if I don't at least give it a try, then I'm still stuck at square one. So, if anything, I am trying, and taking that first step has been difficult. I have already learned a lot about myself in just the fact that I am trying to better myself, and how I am trying to go about it! I guess that's good, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home