Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Windy City? Nay!

No longer the “Windy City,” I have renamed it “The City that Never Lets Go.”

After my 2:55pm flight was cancelled, I had a glimmer of hope that I would get on the 7:10pm to LaGuardia…alas, no such luck. Didn’t make it onto a plane until 9:45pm, which was then delayed another ½ hour on the tarmac…oh yeah, and it was flying into Newark. It was the only flight available last night unless I wanted to wait until 7:30am this morning to fly into LaGuardia. So, after 7 hours of shuffling back and forth in the AA terminal, here’s what I’ve discovered…

There are 15 bathrooms, 11 Starbucks, 21 book stores and 5 McDonalds all in the AA terminal alone. And there is nothing entertaining to do at O’Hare except walk around in circles…for 7 hours…and annoy the people in Brookstone by asking them if the pillows and slippers come in matching fuscia because you absolutely HAVE to have coordinating bed-ware.

So finally, at 1:45 am, I get in the car (thank god for car services) and proceed to have one of the most frightening drives home! Aside from my driver that was playing Pac-Man with the dotted lines on the road, there are a whole bunch of OTHER crazy people on the road at that time of day. Finally pulling up to my apartment just shy of 3am, I nearly drop to the ground and kiss the pavement (except that there’s something gooey looking down there).

And just this morning, as I was getting ready for work (yup, still had to be in, but was just slightly late) I heard on the radio that O’Hare was rated as one of the best airports to fly in and out of…go figure. You can bet your butt they didn’t ask me MY opinion.

So, I am home. Finally. And sadly don’t even remember a lot of why I was going to Chicago in the first place. =)

Thus commences a day of comatose training and will be collapsing shortly after 6:30pm this evening! Hope I didn’t miss much while I was gone!

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

girl, i had THE WORST American Airlines experience this past week. i'm going to write about it in my (gasp) blog. i haven't touched that thing in months! (no internet in my new apt and i haven't had time at work b/c i started a new position. wah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home