Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Cloud 9

I think I've mentioned before how I pride myself on my gift-giving abilities...I'm almost competitive about it, actually. (Weird, I know, but we all have our quirks) So, a week ago I shipped off the birthday package to my Holland Connection. His birthday is tomorrow, and luckily it arrived for him to open it today!

I always put a lot of thought into what I give people, but when it's someone extra special? There's extra special thought involved. I actually agonized over the "perfect gift" for him after I received a birthday package from him. I mean, c'mon! Pressure's on!

Well, it came down to it and what I finally settled on was absolutely perfect along with the presentation because remember folks: presentation is key! It was a gift in 5 parts, each with a little note attached with a friendly and playful quip. It all consisted of fun, friendly, romantic, and frisky stuff! ;) I thought I rounded it out pretty well, actually! Ha! It actually rendered him speechless in email AND phone. The email he sent at 5am (EST)consisted of a lot of excited gibberish, it was so cute! And then he called me, office to office, and we were on the phone for over an hour and he actually said to me, "I had so many things I wanted to say to you, and I can't believe I'm nervous!" Oh man, how adorable is that?! I mean, really?! And then we chatted about a bunch of random stuff, the upcoming weekend, and the real possibility of me visiting this December.

And you better believe that when he signed his letter "yours with love" that my heart did a flouncy-bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home