Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting a Good Laugh

Disclaimer: this post has talk of girlie parts!

A few things I can always count on Wangie for are a voice of reason, eternal optimism, and a good laugh when I least expect it. Just today, I was chatting with her about a concerning change in my body. Let's face it, for those that have issues with their body, you get real comfortable real quick with your body and knowing what's normal and what isn't. Since all of my problems are gynocological, "that" time of the month is always interesting to see what's going to be different this time! Like clockwork, something new is happening, and normally I would probably laugh about it, but knowing what I've been through this past year even the smallest thing isn't a laughing matter. So, I consult my best friend...

Carolyn: can i ask you a really personal girlie question?

Wangie: sure

Carolyn: are certain parts of your body really sensitive when you have your period?

Wangie: yes, my boobs get really sore for like a week, and when i actually have my period, i have cramps the first or second day…you ok?

Carolyn: yeah, i pretty much feel the same thing...but something different is happening this month, but it's really weird because it's never happened before, and it's making me really, REALLY uncomfortable

Carolyn: and you promise not to laugh?

Carolyn: because i know it's going to sound ridiculous

Wangie:: i won’t laugh

Carolyn: my nipples?! Are SO fucking sensitive!

Wangie: I’m sorry! I get that sometimes too, but not always

Carolyn: it's so annoying!!! every time i brush something like a folder, book, my purse!

Wangie: its torture, right?

Carolyn: gawd

Carolyn: seriously

Carolyn: I’m only into the second month of that new med, so I’m wondering if this is all part of that maybe?

Wangie:: it could be...

Carolyn: yeah, i don't know. It is kind of awkward though, working in a company mostly of men!

...

Wangie: well, stop rubbing your nipples on them then!

And that, my friends, is why she's awesome!

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

If it is any comfort...my new meds are having exactly the same effect on me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home