Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Act One; Scene One

So much to talk about that has happened in the past week. I've been a busy little bee, buzzing all over the place. This past weekend was definitely the highlight. I went away for the weekend with Bubbles, and we had a great many adventures!

I'm calling it The Chronic-WHAT-les of 'Delphia! Starring Bubbles and Purv, a play in 3 parts!

We'll start with the fact that by Thursday of last week, I was exhausted from having something to do every single night after work, including that Thursday night before we were supposed to leave Friday morning...and I still hadn't packed yet. Thursday night was the birthday celebration of a friend's 30th Birthday and instead of packing Wednesday night, I was baking him a pink cake. Priorities, people! (and we'll gloss over the whole "pink" thing) So I got home a wee-bit late Thursday night (Friday morning?) and passed out from all of the drinking...shocker. But, in a stroke of brilliance and slight miracle, I remembered to set my alarm clock from 8 am Friday morning. Pure torture, yes, but Bubbles offered to drive, so I wasn't going to argue. I figured I could sleep in the car once we got on the road.

When I called her at 8:16am (hit the snooze a couple of times), she was still in bed, too. And I kept thinking to myself, Isn't she supposed to be here in 45 minutes? 44 minutes? And it's a 40 minute drive to my apartment?! And she hasn't packed yet either?! Truly the foretelling of how the weekend was going to proceed.

We pushed back our leave-time to 10am, which was fine by me. Gave me a chance to shower (a service for everyone), pack AND get in some LSAT studying! Although, I was getting frustrated with how much I wasn't getting it, and almost had a fit of "I'm not going to be any good of a lawyer" until I realized that maybe studying for the LSAT while hung-over probably isn't such the great idea I had originally thought it was. Hmmm...go figure. See? I can decipher that much; maybe this lawyer thing won't be as tough as everyone says it is!

Around 10:20 am, I receive a text message from Bubbles: "Almost on my way. one more stop and then to you." Oh yeah, it's going to be an adventure-filled weekend, as our time spent together tends to be! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home