Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, August 06, 2007

Oh, My Stars!

Sunday mornings always included church services, a stop off at the grocery store for Sunday breakfast fixings, and racing to the end of the driveway to see who could get to the Sunday edition of the newspaper first. Because c’mon, lets face it, who wanted to be last to know about Garfield’s pranks on Odie, or whether Lucy was going to fake out Charlie with the football again?!

But for me? It was all about the horoscope. To have that glimpse of what was coming my way. Even at a young age, I always needed to be “in the know” and not let anything in life surprise me. Astrology became a strong interest, and only grew stronger later in life when I would follow a path of Wicca for a while. It wasn’t a phase, and was something I loved to do every chance I could get, to find out what the stars had in store for me.

Later on in high school, whenever I would find myself in the school library and on the computer, I would always have to desperately check my horoscope. At the age of fifteen, was there really anything more important to look up on the great webby? I think not! But as I grew up, and continue to do so, no matter what your belief in the stars, I think its safe to say and realize that nothing can be 100% foretold. Maybe to use as a guide in helping you with which way to lean in decision making, but not to live your life by completely.

I don’t check my horoscope daily anymore. I find it more often than not depressing. In the past few years, however, I do frequent one particular site that gives only monthly forecasts. It is the most detailed readings I have ever been exposed to, and I have been exposed to quite a lot in my day. So around the first of every month, I check my monthly forecast to see if the stars and planets are any kinder this month than the last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home