Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Best! Birthday! Ever!

I know some might have been waiting a while for this post, and I'm sorry to leave you hanging...no rest for the weary. But yes, as you've seen in this posting's title: I have had the best birthday ever (to date!)!!!


Friday night was the most amazing birthday bar night! I was so excited by those that made it, I really couldn't have asked for a better group of friends. And everyone was a sport about the fact that I didn't divulge the surprise that the bar turned Karaoke at 9pm. I tried to goad Charlie into singing "Like a Virgin" after he swore he was going to steal my red patent leather fuck-me pumps (get your own, beotch!), but thanks to Fish who sang "Sweet Caroline" and graciously changed the lyrics to "Sweet Carolyn!" You rock! Oh yeah, and a special many thanks to those that endured my god-awful, horrible rendition of the Chick's song at the end of the night when i was left with no voice! Rockstar on the inside? Oh yeah! Rockstar on the outside? Not so much!


And by the time I got home somewhere around 2:45am, I'm surprised I didn't wake the neighborhood with my shrieks of delight! As if Friday couldn't get any better with my international phone call...I was dead wrong. The one-up? An international package!!! Yeaup, my man across the seas sent me a birthday present! Three birthday presents actually!


*sigh* :)


I haven't had my feet touch the ground yet! I've been hanging out over here on Cloud 9!


On Saturday, I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed and met The Artist for lunch, which was fab! He bought me beautiful flowers and lunch itself was delish, having started out with mimosa's! And Saturday night was me, Moosie, Roommie and Wangie for some Balls of Fury, dinner and Cake! Oh...the wonderful, delicious cake which can be seen here as a true work of art! Yes, those are firemen...oh, so appropriate! Thanks Roommie, the cake kicked ass AND provided breakfast for the next two days, too! :) Honestly, is there any way better to start your day than having Breakfast Cake?!


Sunday was a lazy day, as was Monday, of doing nothing really other than laying on my couch and watching tennis...yummy tennis players!

And for those who have a quick gag reflex, you might want to skip this next part: Holland Boy has started signing his emails and IM's with "kiss" or "xx" or a funny emoticon of this panda bear giving a smooch! Part me just threw up a little in my mouth, and yet another part of me just went all gooey and squishy inside...yet another sign that it's time to hit the gym again!

And that about sums it up in a nutshell. There may be little stories here or there, there may not be...I'm not really sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home