Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Marking Time

Milestones. We all have them and measure them in our own way. What could be such a thing for me might only be a molehill to you. We are the only ones with the capability to judge for ourselves what is worthy of such status.

I like to mark mine by certain achievements in my life that I know are viewed by others as something of no consequence. "Baby Steps" as I like to think of them. Not to discount, I actually believe that these baby steps are what matter most in our lives, laying the necessary groundwork of what lies ahead. For without the groundwork, everything that comes after will only crumble and fall apart.

Yesterday, last year, I was obsessed and agonizing over something I couldn't fix or change, but still lingering on nonetheless. It still does linger today, for we always carry some amount of baggage, but yesterday was not a day of obsessing or agonizing. It was merely a day like any other, more normal and blissfully uneventful than most days recently. It was only after a friend pointed out what yesterday used to be mean for me that I decided to pop the cork on a special bottle of wine to celebrate my latest milestone.

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

mmm was it a red zin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home