Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Venting Needed

Last Wednesday I purchased an item online and payed mucho dinero for expedited shipping since i needed it to send over seas to my Honey. Maybe I'm channeling Jen Lancaster because I'm reading her first book right now, but when I did not get it in time, which really ticked me off, the following resulted:

To: A Touch of Dutch
From: Unsatisfied Customer
Date: December 5, 2007

Hello there,

Recently I ordered an item from your site (Order Number: ***) and paid a lot of extra money to have shipping expedited (EXPRESS (1 - 2 Days)): $19.50). I have still yet to receive the item of purchase, and at this point in time I no longer need the item. I ask for some kind of compensation on the extra expense I incurred in good-faith of receiving my items on time.

Thank you for your time,
Carolyn

*****************************************************************

To: Carolyn
From: A Touch of Dutch
Date: December 6, 2007

Carolyn,
Your package was sent Express by USPS and they have made two attempts to deliver to you. The second one was made today. It is being held at your post office. I shipped it 11/29. Another attempt to deliver your item was made at 11:23 AM on December 5, 2007 in BELLEROSE, NY 11426 and a notice was left. I am sorry for your confusion.

Best Regards,
Misty Blanton; Owner
A Touch of Dutch

******************************************************************

To: Misty
From: Carolyn
Date: December 6, 2007

Actually Misty,

They only left ONE notice, and I had to argue with my local post office about why they wouldn't leave me my package AFTER I had signed the release slip on the first day of attempted delivery...which was 3 DAYS prior to my finally having to take off from work to go to the actual office location and pick it up myself. That's correct, not 1-2 days delivery, but now 6! It was not MY confusion, for I do know how to read and follow the instructions clearly stated on the USPS's notice and I take insult at your insinuation.

The whole point of paying for the expedited shipping was to have my item in time for a very specific event, and I have been left frustrated, angried and disappointed. And your lack of customer service in trying to remedy a discrepancy that was in fact not on my behalf is also disheartening, being a small business owner myself.

-Carolyn

There were many more scathing things just sitting at the tip of my mind, just BEGGING to be written in the email, but I figured that was probably strong enough. I would hate to bust out the 'ghetto' on someone named "Misty." WTF?!

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Perhaps "Misty" is not only a name but a way of describing her focus?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home