Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Anniversaries

Anniversaries are, in my mind, a mark on time to remember a significant event which could be good or bad. Mostly, people only celebrate the good events in life that are worth remembering. I like to also celebrate the bad events as a reminder of a lesson learned.

This day, November 3, is an anniversary for me, and not of the good kind. On this day, four years ago, I went through something that I don't wish upon anyone, but yet many are forced to go through every day. On this day, I learned one of those life lessons.

I learned that when one speaks the words "I Love You," they don't always mean it. I learned that often, those closest people to you are the ones that hurt you the most. I learned that you really don't have to do anything you don't want to do even when pressure from those around you makes you feel less than you are really worth. I learned that it is what it is, even if he is your boyfriend. And most importantly, I learned that you don't need to go through anything in life alone. There is always someone out there that understands exactly what you are going through, no matter how little you may believe that at the time.

Surprisingly enough, this has not made me hate men...just one in particular. So, in good form of celebration, tonight I am going out with the girls. They won't know that I'll be celebrating on the inside, but just being with them is enough help to get me through this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home