Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Only in Half-Swing

It's Tuesday! To me, Monday's shouldn't exist, at least for the work week anyway...

The weekend was nice. I spent Saturday out on Long Island with my parents, driving around hitting up some craft fairs and garage sales. I'm a rummage queen, so give me a garage sale any day of the week and I'm so happy. As far as craft fairs go, I signed up to vendor at two in November. It'll be my first ones, so I've been going to all these others trying to do some recon and figure out if what I have is going to be good enough, or if I have to step it up a notch. Not to mention my layout for my space. So, I'm pretty psyched about it, and hoping the investment pays off.

Sunday, I went to the Queens County Farm. Yes, Queens has a farm. A real, REAL farm with animals, a vineyard and even a barn! Well, the barn has been converted to an event space, but it's still a barn nonetheless. Wangie, myself and a new character to the cast, went with the intention to go pumpkin picking. Well, the pickings were scarce, but there was a really fun corn maze that was pirate-themed and took us just under an hour complete. Then we went back to my place after dinner and watched the Mets game. Go Mets Go!!!

The Boy didn't end up coming over Sunday night, but he did come over last night. I was about two out of three sheets to the wind when he got there (I told you, lots of drinking lately), and he looked and smelled so yummy, we barely made it up the stairs!! There was a flurry of clothing, and I could have sworn I heard Barry White singing in the background!! ;-) We actually had a nice lazy night on the couch, watching the Bears/Cardinals football game and Batman Begins. He asked me about my doctor stuff, told him the latest, and at one point I actually started to cry. Thank god we had the lights off in the living room and he didn't see me. I don't know why that makes me feel so mortified, but it does. But all in all, it was a nice night...even had a brief chat with Ali Girl, which spurred said Boy to think it would be funny if he tickled me while I was chatting (usually, as a rule, I'm not ticklish, but apparently alcohol brings my guard down). Yeah, it was probably pretty funny from an outside view. Me: really tipsy, holding my breath and trying not to laugh, and trying to carry on a conversation in between my squeaks and gasps!! It wasn't a long conversation, I'll tell you that much. And it end with me on the floor grabbing my sides from laughing so hard! :) It was actually just what I needed, though. I haven't laughed, really laughed, in such a long time, and it was perfect for the moment. But sorry, Ali-Girl, for an awkward conversation!

This morning was a little rough getting up. I didn't sleep very well last night with all of these fire sirens going off in the neighborhood. One would think it was the next Great Fire of London the way those suckers were blaring all night long. I think I pretty much woke up on the half-hour every hour between 12am and 6am. And after drinking last night...yikes! But, having grilled cheese for breakfast (don't knock it 'til you've tried it) and a coffee at work has me feeling a little better. I'm not in full-swing yet, but getting there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home