Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back from Hiatus

I know, I know...it's been a week. I was off from work last Friday through Tuesday, and yesterday I ended up calling in sick and taking yet ANOTHER day off. My friend Dante talked me into taking the day and heading into the city to check out some art galleries and museums. It was possibly the best day off I've ever had - sans trip to Jamaica! :)

I've been dealing with a bunch of pretty serious medical stuff the past few weeks, and the boredom at work just fosters time to dwell on the negativity. So, I much rather spent the day doing fun stuff with a very good friend, being distracted and not thinking about what the doctor has informed me of. Basically, in a nut shell, my nights have consisted of hanging with friends and drinking my worries away. Not a REAL solution, I know, but a great temporary fix to numbing my mind and body.

And if it's not my sister I'm in the mix with, it's my brother. He and I got into a HUGE fight, and now we're not talking. The argument started out about our different views on money and what we could each respectively afford on my parents and their 30th anniversary. My brother has a way of talking down to people and not realize it, so I finally pointed out to him how he was making me feel with his accusations and opinions. He reacted back as if the whole thing is over money. True, it was the catalyst, but not the root of the issue at all. So, now I'm stuck trying to figure this one out because he is even more stubborn than I and won't be the first one to make a move towards amending our relationship. Sometimes it really sucks being the more mature one!

That is only the beginning of the emotional roller-coaster I've been on this week so far, but can't find any more 'oomph' in me to write more. I am realizing I tire a lot easier now a days, and seeing as I'm still stuck at work for another hour or so, I should probably put my effort into doing something, anything here. And for my last tangent: you'd think that because I find myself more and more exhausted, that I would finally be able to sleep at night! Well, no...actually I find myself lying in bed, exhausted, but just unable to fall asleep. And what really sucks is that I'm not allowed to take a sleep aid! Maybe a Tylenol PM once in a while, but not every night. What I really need to do is find a really boring book. That way, I'll try and read it when I'm laying in bed, and hopefully it'll put me to sleep! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home