Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Superstitions

With today being Friday the 13th, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that dreaded getting out of bed this morning. For once, I was not one of them. After having dinner last night with friends (friends I miss dearly because I no longer work with them), I felt like a little bit of weight had been lifted off of my shoulders simply from spending some time with them. By the time I got off the train and home, I still felt happy even though I was sad the night had to end. It just never feels like enough time when you're out with friends.

Last night I was even able to fall asleep at a semi-decent hour of 1:00 am, well decent hour for me anyways. And I slept straight through. When that alarm went off at 6 am, I didn't even have to hit the snooze...shocking, yes I know. Hopping right in the shower, and hauling ass to get done as quickly as possible, I even jumped back into bed for another 20 minute power nap! So, for this normally superstitious day, mine has actually started out pretty good. Maybe I'm really living in Bizarro World, where the good days are bad and the bad days are good?! Regardless, we shall see how the day progresses since my boss is working from home today, but I'm hopeful, or so my mood says!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home