Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, October 30, 2006

More Restlessness, Cont'd.

This past weekend was a good weekend, as weekends go. Friday night was a bust, and I got snubbed by a friend, so that kind of sucked, but the Halloween party Saturday night more than made up for it.

Saturday morning, I woke up early to head out to Long Island. I made a stop on the way to get my hair cut. I decided that if I needed a change, I'll start small and get my hair cut and see if that satisfies. My stylist always does a great job, which is why I keep going back, but I was a little disappointed this time around. Maybe it was because I was looking forward to it so much, and felt like I really needed it to fulfill that restlessness I have been feeling, I don't know. It didn't look bad by any means, just not really any different. I wasn't looking for something so incredibly drastic, but something at least noticeable. It was kind of a let down, but could have been far worse. So, from there I went on to Wangie's house and picked up breakfast for her and the family on the way. I always enjoy chatting with her family. We finally made our way out to Moni's to help decorate for the party, and it was so much fun. The party was great and I met so many fantastic people. My recovery has been impeding my drinking habits, but I didn't feel out of place with everyone else getting shit-faced. If anything, it was way more amusing to watch all the drunk people from a sober stand point! Indeed, it was quite the spectator's sport!

There wasn't much to Sunday, just being lazy once I got back home. But, I did dye my hair this great dark red/auburn color and decided to trim up my hair myself. Now, I know what some of you might be thinking, but it wasn't bad. I've got short hair to begin with, and it's already in a choppy/pixie style, so even if my trimming is uneven, one can't tell. Plus, the color looks great on a short haircut! So, feeling like I was able to fulfill my small change this weekend, I'm feeling a little better. Oh, and I painted my nails this really fun, outlandish and highly unprofessional purple color, but I figure if someone at work says something, I can always write it off as being Halloween! :) Not like it matters anyway because my boss isn't in AGAIN today, and won't be tomorrow either. I'm beginning to wonder if she ever works a full week?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home