Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Mid-Week High

I have a date! A real, 'grown-up' date as Ali Girl would put it. And on a Friday night, THIS Friday night, a real date night! It has been so long since I've been on a real date, and not just have The Boy come over for dinner, a movie and some fooling around.

And, the date isn't even with The Boy, so there! I am on my way in trying to get over him and any hopes I had that a real relationship would actually work between us. I'm actually pretty ok with it, too, and not just because I have a date lined up with another guy. I realize that not all things are meant to be, and it's not necessarily one's fault over another. It just isn't meant to be, period. We still have a great time when we do hang out, talking, joking, whatever, but he just isn't in a place that I want to be in. Unfortunate timing, yes, but we are still friends, and I'm thankful for that.

So, Friday night, I am joining the Artist for dinner and drinks in the City for his friend's girlfriend's birthday. I won't know anyone there but him. But you know what? I'm really looking forward to it. I am looking forward to seeing him interact with his friends in a laid-back environment, and I always love meeting new people anyway. I am very outgoing and never have a problem finding something or anything to talk about with people. Some would be intimidated by not knowing anyone else at a party but the person they came with, but I'm more likely to strike out on my own anyways.

Details definitely to follow. God, what am I going to wear?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home