Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Recovery

Now with an emotionally rough weekend behind me (and I mean with a capital 'E'), I look to the rest of the week and the coming weekend ahead. As low as I am feeling, I am still trying to be optimistic and find the silver lining wherever I can. My horoscope said that October was pretty much the month of hell for me out of the year, but it seems November has its own plan. But if what occurred this past weekend is the worst of it, I'm hoping that my positive thinking will see me through, and the rest of the month will be ok. It has to be ok. There's too much going on for it not to be ok...

Tonight, I've been invited by CMC to a preview screening of Happy Feet! I have been looking forward to this movie since the spring, and am so thrilled to be seeing it with friends at an early viewing! Then, lunch with CMC on Thursday, and I've got a date of Friday, and this one I know will stick...because it's with my dad!

I am probably one of the extremely few females of the world that enjoys a James Bond story. What woman would promote a brougish, womanizing, rough-em-up/shoot-em-up character? Me, that's who. It has been something that I have shared with my dad since I was little. At Halloween, instead of Rainbow Brite, I wanted to be Bond...James Bond...Agent 007! For a while in High School, I actually contemplated joining the CIA to live out my fantasy of being an international spy with a license to kill. Plus, if Bond always got the girl, wouldn't I always get the guy?

So, Friday night, I'm treating my dad to the movie and popcorn. We don't do much father-daughter stuff now-a-days because I don't golf or scuba-dive anymore, but I certainly can do this with him, and he was ecstatic when I asked him out on a "date!" I'm really looking forward to it!

And then Saturday and Sunday are my very first craft fairs that I'll be vendoring in. I've always been really crafty, enjoying the creativity of the hobby as an outlet. So, now let's see if I can make some money doing what I love! I have a feeling that if this weekend goes well, I'll be selling a lot of my wares on e-bay, and that will just be fantastic!! And of course I'll post a link!

Then the following week brings a short work week, Thanksgiving, Mom's birthday and my parents' anniversary (a whopping 30 years)! So, there is way too much to do, and so little time to do it in, that I am trying to just plow through and do what I need to get done. Staying busy is the name of the game for the rest of this month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home