Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Catch Up!

Last Thursday and Friday, I was in Maryland in the company offices and warehouse. It was a cool trip, but basically only because I didn't do anything. My flight was delayed leaving NY by 6 1/2 hours to begin with, so by the time we got to the offices, they were closing. I got to meet-and-greet for a little bit, and then went to dinner. I was checked into my hotel room and asleep by 10pm. It's exhausting sitting on a plane all day with nothing to do but read your book! Then Friday, there was about 2 hours of work, more eating (brunch) and then back off to the airport to catch an afternoon flight! So, not much of anything but the traveling part.

On the car rides to and from the airport, I was a little concerned about having enough 'ok' conversation with my boss, but I shouldn't have been worried though. It was all good. We actually talked quite a bit about my position and how I was bored. She apologized for not really including me in a lot of what was going on, and for holding me back. In trying to be as impartial as possible, I just kind of sat there and did a lot of nodding. She had me learn two new responsibilities, and promised to involve me more in special projects. So, between that, the lay-offs, and the new news of her pregnancy, work for me can get very interesting come the new year!


Saturday, I made it up to Connecticut for a memorial powwow for a friend of mine that died in a car accident two years ago. It was a sad reason for everyone to get together, but it was a great powwow, and really great to see old friends. Plus, I stayed over Greg and Tara's and got to check out their new house, and it is beautiful. And on top of all of that, they decided that, if possible, they want me to marry them! So, I have to get ordained so I can be an official minister and perform the legal marriage! How much does that rock?! Luckily, the Internet is a wondrous place, and it'll only cost me $19.99 (+ tax) to become a recognized minister in all 50 states!

Side story: Tara is perhaps one of my oldest friends...I grew up with her, living only two houses down on the same side of the street. Yup...I didn't even have to cross the street to go and play! Her, her sister and I always used to get into so much mischief growing up, it was fantastic. Greg is one of my closest, dearest friends, and the fact that he lives in CT has never been an issue. I met him through my Native American dancing stuff, and became thick as thieves from day one. There isn't anything in the world I can't tell him. I was so fortunate to introduce these two wonderful people two and a half years ago at my college graduation party. Greg came down for the weekend and partied with all of us all weekend long, and they just clicked from the get-go! So, two and a half years later, Tara moved up to CT, they bought a house together, and things are great! And they always said I get to hold a special place in their wedding because I'm the one that set them up! How much more special can you get than marrying two of your best friends together?!

That pretty much made my weekend, month and year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home