Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Living "Sex in the City"

The date actually happened last night! Woohoo! I met him at Belmont Lounge for drinks at 8:00pm. It was a cool place I'd never been to, just outside of Union Square. It had a great atmosphere with (to quote a favorite movie) "Lots of dark corners for doing dark deeds!"

But seriously, it was really quite a nice evening. The conversation was light and fun, and never lacking. Humor and mischief were always present. Light touching never too scandalous. And the constant eye-contact was almost unnerving, but in a good way. He always looked so far into my eyes when he talked to me that it almost felt like he wanted to just dive in...it was wonderful!
In having such a great time though, I feel like I've come to find myself at a crossroads of sorts. The Boy and I are still seeing each other as well. I have made no commitment or agreement to be exclusive, and while I know it is WAY too soon to know if this new guy and I are going anywhere, I'm still not sure where that leaves me. I date because I believe it is healthy as well as fun. How are you ever going to find Mr. Right if you're not out there looking? But what happens when you become physical with more than one guy you may be dating at the same time? Does it become a conflict of interest? The Boy is supposed to come over tonight to hang out, watch a movie, whatever, and I find myself looking forward to seeing him with no regrets, remorse, or reservations about last night either. I look forward to seeing The Boy because I really do enjoy his company and the repor we have...it's not only the physical anymore. Maybe I'm fooling myself and seeing things that aren't there, but at least I know that I have come to a new level of feelings regarding him.

So, why am I still looking to date? Simply because I can, I suppose. I'm not completely sure of his feelings towards me, and since he's never asked me to be serious with him and only him, I won't be. It's kind of the feeling of "it's not wrong until you get caught" I guess. I can't say as I am entirely sure, but there is one thing I keep hearing from a lot of friends: That I'm still young, and I should be enjoying my time while I am young. So I guess, for once, I'm actually listening and heeding my friend's advice! And for the first time in a while I don't find myself depressed, or wondering if I'm ever going to find my 'true love.' I truly am just being young, single, and admired by boys, and it's wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home