Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Incredulous, Part III

My last email to the German Lady was Thursday...I haven't heard from her since, so I am taking that as a sign that it just wasn't meant to be. And you know what? I'm ok with that because it means that the apartment that is meant for me is still out there. I take my friend Rockstar as an example. When she first moved to New York, she had to work through blood, sweat and tears to just be able to afford an apartment in NYC. Now, she's living in a great place in Mid-town that she loves! It had taken her a while to get there, but she is there and always says how it was worth it all! So, I truly believe that I, too, will "get there" when I'm meant to, whether its out of some cosmic luck, or whether I work my ass for it, too!

Other than that, the weekend was very eventful. Friday night, I headed to Long Island to go to a jewelry party with my mom. I wasn't expecting to have a good time because it was with all of these people my mom works with and their friends. I was really just going to keep my mom company and do some recon work and see if a jewelry party is something I could do, too with all fo the stuff I make. I ended up having a great time, and buying some fabulous pieces of custom-made, glass-fused jewelry. AND, the recon was great because a jewelry party is totally something I could do! So, that was exciting.

Saturday, Moni and Wangie came over for dinner. I cooked a fabu meal including cheese and crakers and baked clams for an appetizer, and then the main meal was stuffed salmon, sauteed fresh green beans and an awesome salad! Not to mention the two bottles of wine! Afterward, the three of us went out to the bar with the roommate for her birthday. At first, I didn't want to go, with all that has been going on, but it seemed easier to go rather than deal with whatever she'd dish out later. It's a good thing I did go. We all ended up having a great time. Moni met a guy, and the roommate and I actually came to a reconciliation! True, we were both hammered, but we both also understand that in our drunken states, we could be completely honest with each other. It was a good thing. We didn't leave the bar until 3am. Moni and Wangie crashed at our place, and we all went to the diner the next morning when we were able to get our hung-over asses moving by noon!

I think I am still going to be looking for my own apartment, even though things are cool now at home. I think I am really just ready for my own space, but at least now it's not out of angst, which makes me feel a whole lot better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home