Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Corporate America at its Best

The announcement came today at 10:00 am, that the company I work for is moving its "Shared Services" plan forward in motion to the next step of meeting revenue goals. The announcement said, plainly, that the company will be outsourcing its editorial and manufacturing needs. Simply put, this means massive lay-offs. Two entire departments, probably consisting of just over 50 people, will no longer have a job here come the early months of 2007.

My manager informed me of this earlier in the morning, reassuring me that our jobs are not in jeopardy. Lucky me. But now I have to go through the next few months (already receiving cold shoulders because I'm new) being on the receiving end of hateful looks from those that know that I at least still have job security. This place just keeps getting better and better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home