Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Boggle

This morning, I was told by Wangie that I should be a writer! I laughed to myself at first because the only things I've ever written are school assigned papers and blogs. True, I was on my High School newspaper, but as an editor, not a journalist. I don't fancy myself a writer of anything really worth reading, hence the laughing. I blog because I need an outlet, not because I feel that posting my life experiences is going to provide some profound revelation to others.

She disagrees.

It actually got me to thinking, and remembering that Wangie isn't the first person to say this to me. My friend Beth calls me the Wordsmith, and my sister's boyfriend swears I should be writing those mushy Hallmark cards, and others come to me for advice and words of wisdom and encouragement.

It's a nice feeling, knowing that my friends can rely on me to help them through some tough times, to know that I've helped them make a decision that has put them on the right path. But it also boggles my mind that when it comes to myself, I'm clueless! I understand why I am, having the blinders on to my own life and circumstances. One isn't exactly impartial when it comes to 'self,' knowing all of the external things that effect you. But 'knowing' doesn't always make it easy to take those same blinders off. I wonder if Ann Landers has the same problem?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home