Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Dipping the Big Toe

I have an admirer. It's not a secret; he's made it very well known. But the thing of it is I am not sure if its really him I like per se, or the attention. I can't even remember the last time I was being the one pursued instead of doing the pursuing, and I have to tell you it's really nice! We chat via email all day long and its fun and flirty. Last night, I was up until 11:30pm doing just that.

I'm still a little mixed up inside about all the other recent 'guy stuff' that's been going on lately, but he knows about all of that and still encourages me to not dwell on the 'what-ifs' and just have fun in life, as a person my age deserves! "Don't take life too seriously at this point," he tells me, "or you'll end up old before your time. Just because you have an old soul doesn't mean you need to exercise it all the damn time!" So, we shall see.

I've told him that I want to take it slow...since I haven't really tried that yet. I want to enjoy his friendship first and sort out how I feel about it all. The last thing I want to do is lead him on because he really is a great friend, and I would hate to damage that. Here's to testing the water, one toe at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home