Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, March 19, 2007

A Bright, Right Day!

The weekend was great, and celebrating St. Paddy's Day in NYC was amazing. I went in with the Roommate, Wangie, and Tiffany to meet up with my dad and a bunch of his friends and their kids. Yes, this group included some fireman!! WooHoo! And later on in the day, my brother and his gal were able to meet up with us as well.

The morning started with literally chiseling my car out from under the two inches of ice, and then spending another 20 minutes trying to actually move my car from the spot on the street. Roommie and I miss our first train at 8:40am, and had to wait another hour for the next one. When we were finally on board the good 'ole L.I.R.R., we did a little bit of gawking and drooling of the fine looking men in kilts and other such handsome fellas in uniform. I swear, this holiday is almost as good as Fleet Week!

When we finally got into NYC, we met up with my dad's group for breakfast...and then off to the first bar at 10:30am!

We were slowly making our way from the West Side to the East Side, in hopes of actually seeing some of the parade, but we only caught glimpses of it on the television screens in the bars along the way. It seems like there were a lot more necessary "watering hole" stops along the way than we thought there was going to be.

Suffering from frozen, wet feet the only solution was to drink more in hopes of them just going numb and not feeling it anymore! This worked to some degree, but it also helped that we did spend 95% of our day indoors!

It was a great day, and I was glad to spend it with close friends and family! I met some really great, fantastic people that I was able to have a real, nice simple good time with. Nobody got really messy, and my dad and brother were able to share a nice scotch together, which is always nice to see.

We were home by 9pm, and recovery the next day wasn't too bad at all! Yesterday, after driving Wangie home, I headed out to my parents for the late afternoon and the traditional dinner of Corned Beef, cabbage, carrots and red potatoes!

God bless my mother that is constantly sending me home with left-overs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home