Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Just Plain Sucks

Over the past month, I would say I've been doing pretty well with trying to get over the "what-ifs" and "whys" of failed attempted relationships. I've done the house-cleaning of deleting email addresses, old emails, and even phone numbers! I've been chanting the mantra in my head of I will no longer harbor unhealthy thoughts in the attempt of practicing positive thinking! I've been finding it easier to get out of bed in the morning, and actually look forward to starting my days.

I am happy!

So why is it that once you stop thinking about a person that had meant so much to you and has caused you pain, finally moving on and not pining for those "what-ifs" and "whys," that they seem to have some psychic ability and just know that exact moment to decide to make contact, rehashing all the sadness and heart-ache that you have previously been able to either bury or let-go of. It all comes rushing back like a tidal wave, and the rip-tide is just grabbing at your ankles with the sole purpose of pulling you back under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home