Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Friendship 101

What I've come to realize lately that's going to have my friends scratching their heads: I don't want to date.

Seriously. I've thought about it for a while now, and I don't want to date...for a while anyway. Maybe it was the being put-off by Shirt Guy, or Photo Booth Guy just dropping off the face of the earth, or just the countless times I have deplorably felt ruled by emotions that are directly connected to one jerk of a guy or another. Most likely a culmination of it all, but I've had enough of it lately. I have pulled myself up from under the rock I consistently found myself being shoved under by lurid circumstances, and why would I throw myself back down there?! I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment.

So what lesson and growth experience do I hope to learn and gain?! I want to learn to be a friend, and what it means to be a friend without looking for something other than that friendship. I want to achieve this so I can come to an awareness within myself where I can be happy with whatever type of relationship I may have with someone of the opposite sex without hoping or wanting more. Because if I can't be a good friend first, how can I ever hope to understand what it means to be in a meaningful and fulfilling relationship if and when that time comes?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home