Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Torn

Well, it's official. I have made myself sick over the decision I have still yet to make. I received the job offer at Aspen, but due to recent revelations at work, I'm not sure that my time at The Bird is done yet. Part of me sees the new opportunity as seductive and exciting and the money is great, but part of me also realizes that I still have so much to learn, and I can do that at The Bird with the pre-existing network base. I also realize that a major part of the reason to why I am so good at what I do is because I love the product I work with. I don't want to end up hating the new job and being bored because I can't relate to the product I'm managing. Are these all excuses for not leaving The Bird? Maybe, but I think that when I am truly ready, there won't be any excuses to give. And like my wise mentor told me, at this point in my career, any decision I make can't possibly be a mistake. I still don't know what I am going to say when I'm expected to make a decision this morning, but I think I am leaning towards staying.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont be afraid to take a chance on it, you can do it! i have no doubt in my mind that you can do this and once you get there, you would feel much better about it, trust me!!!! go for it! i love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home