Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday Highlights

+ Helping my good friend AJ do his Christmas shopping for his girlfriend and being on the "in" of the up-and-coming diamonds she's soon to receive!!

+ Spending Saturday night with The Artist, meeting his closest friends, dancing all night long, and not getting home until 4:30am! ;)

+ Being called a "Dirty Late Stay-Out" by my dad the next day! :) All in good humor

+ Spending Christmas Eve with Grammy and a couple of other relatives. It was a great, quiet, relaxing intimate evening. Plus, I got to see Grammy's new house, and it's really nice!

+ Making it to my aunt's and uncle's on Christmas day, where the entire family made it (minus my brother). I got to see the new baby of the family, catch up with cousins I haven't seen in a while, and just enjoy the day.

+ Watching my sister's boyfriend revert to childhood when he saw my dad's model trains!

+ Sleeping in until 10am on the 26th!

+ Doug and Joy flew into Islip airport and made it home around 4pm. The gang's all here!

+ Good food, good conversations, good company!

+ Giving everyone their gifts and having them love them all!!! I totally nailed it this year, and it was so much fun to watch them open the gifts!

+ I got the one and only thing I really wanted this year, but never thought I would get in a million years. My parents SO rock! Now I have to do some major cleaning to find room for it. When I opened the box, I actually cried I was so happy. I have been going through withdrawal ever since I moved out of my parent's house. Playing had always been a therapy for me, and then I started writing my own music, and that was amazing! But, it's been about two years since I really spent any quality time on the piano, so this is a true blessing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home