Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

This Sh*t Only Happens to Me!

There's a big holiday bar-night going down tomorrow night in the East Village. The event has been forwarded and forwarded, and I can only imagine the crazy-fun that's going to go on. Last week, I had invited The Boy. He never comes to any of the bar nights I invite him to, but still I continue to try and include him in my life with my friends even though he does not reciprocate. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I have no idea! Glutton for emotional punishment, maybe?!

By yesterday, The Boy's birthday, I still hadn't heard from him on whether he was going to attend tomorrow evening's festivities or not. He's already flaking on me for a basketball game on Friday, and I foolishly figured with his birthday this week and the upcoming holiday, there is NO WAY he'll be coming out Wednesday night...so I invite the new guy! Why not?! Why shouldn't I have a date?!

New Guy is thrilled to be invited, and can't wait to see me. Even knowing he'll be putting in a twelve hour work day he tells me he'll definitely be there! I'm all excited, ecstatic to have a person just as excited to see 'lil old me! What could possibly be better?!

The Boy tells me that he'll most likely be there!

Crap!

I've stacked the odds and look where it gets me. Should be one helluva party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home