Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

This and That

Yesterday's trip to Maryland was great. I finally got there this time, having taken Amtrak instead of attempting to fly again. The trip was smooth and enjoyable, and we were at the office no later than 11am. I made the rounds again, reacquainting myself with those I briefly met last time, and meeting some new faces, too. Even dinner last night was great, where I got to go to dinner with 3 'big-wigs' as I like to say, getting myself recognized so when the time does come, it can be said, "Oh yeah, I know Carolyn...She's great!"

The day itself was productive, and today promises to be even more so. Shellie, one of the girls down here who works on inventory for a whole different product line than my own, will be on maternity leave at the end of the summer, overlapping my boss's maternity leave. So, this trip is jammed packed filled with training on her tasks and responsibilities that I will be taking over for a few short months...hopefully. I'm not nervous about taking on more, even though it is only temporary. It's good for me to learn as much as I can about the company and all of its products. Knowledge is power, right?

Yesterday was filled with some fun, too. Having found a computer for myself to work on, I was able to email with my friend back in the NYC office like usual. My first email was "miss me? :)" And his back was, "Of Course. You look great today, btw." Totally obscure, but making me feel good nonetheless. Which, later on in the day, I really needed to help me get through life-test part two.

Since I was out and about in the warehouse talking with the managers about some problems we've been having, I wasn't chained to my desk and computer (thank god!). When I finally made it back to my computer, there were quite a few emails to catch up on...including one from The Boy. I guess "leave me alone" translates to "keep emailing me. really, I don't mind the way it makes me feel inside." And all it simply said was "hi again."

I was so angry, I couldn't even speak. FUMING actually. Thank goodness the hotel has a fitness center, and I was able to run off my anger in 3 miles last night. I felt a bit more settled as I went to bed, reading my book for a bit, but sleep was horrendous. When I could finally calm my mind enough for sleep to take over, The Boy then invaded my dreams. Too upsetting to get into now, but he better hope we never have a Coming to Jesus moment because now he's disrupting my living. SO not appreciated. I am at least glad that I am feeling anger than anything else. That is the one emotion I can at least work with and let it help guide me in getting through this, hopefully once and for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home