Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Back from the business trip to Maryland and right into a fantastic, but busy weekend has me thoroughly exhausted this morning.

I didn't end up making it for drinks with Bo that Thursday night, but I have already been told to plan on another trip down there in July so he said to definitely plan on it then. And I was also informed that I will be making a trip to Chicago in June to our sister company out there. There's a fairly large group of people going, so I'm pretty excited about that trip.

Thursday night I ended up running another 3 miles to work out the frustrations of left-over Boy crap-o-la. This morning, once I was back in the office, I figured out how to block his email address from my Outlook Inbox. So now hopefully that will work and if he still persists on being an inconsiderate ass, I won't ever know!

Friday, the Amtrak train ride back to NY was great. I slept a little and read a little. Once back in Penn Station I shlept my luggage downtown and headed straight to the bar! Friday was my brother's last day of work and he had a bar night shin-dig. It was really great to meet a lot of people he has worked with over the years that I always heard about but never met. And apparently a lot of his friends felt the same way about me!

It never ceases to amaze me when I learn something new about my brother. I think it is so incredibly wonderful that I can still learn so much about a person I have known all of my life. When I introduced myself to people and asked how they knew my brother, they asked me the same. I replied with "I'm his younger sister," and a number of times I got a reply similar to "Oh, wow! It's so great to finally meet you! I've heard a lot about you!" Generally I don't feel so narcissistic, but Friday night I was loving the fact that my brother talks about me with some frequency! The fact of the matter is that my perception of my brother is that he's a very private person who doesn't talk much about his family to his friends. When I learned the opposite to be true I felt a new found affection for him.

Ahh, my brother. He's definitely in a class all unto himself, gotta love him. And right now he's probably still sleeping, the lucky bastard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home