Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Body Count

Ever take notice of how many people you might brush up against, or bump into either on purpose or accidentally throughout your day?! I know Rockstar had posted something about this a while back, but I never really stopped to think much about it.

Now that I walk to and from Penn Station-Work every morning and evening, I am noticing more and more how much I have to dodge, dive, duck, and...dodge to get out of people's way so we don't have a collision. Even while sitting on LIRR, the leg-brush, knee slam or bag-whack to the head will happen if you're not paying close attention.

This morning I had a guy step on both my feet and slam his knee into mine as he was trying to get to a seat...all without saying excuse me, or any remittance of apology of course. This occurrence is not rare by any means, but for some reason it had me thinking of Rockstar's past post this morning. So, I'm attempting to keep count myself today of how many people I come in literal physical contact with, as just a simple experiment of pure curiosity.

So far, since 7:40am, the body count is up to 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home