Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Winos that I Know

Saturday was my first day on the job at the Village Wine Cellar and I loved every minute of it. Especially I loved dealing directly with customers! Weird, right?!

When I worked in a florist for seven years, I absolutely loved every minute of it. The crazy holiday hours, the artistic expression, the regular customers, the first timers, even the disgruntled customers. There has always been something so fun and fascinating to me about helping to provide exactly what a customer wants, it's so incredibly satisfying.

I haven't worked in the atmosphere of dealing directly with customers for three years now, and I've missed every moment of it. That is partly why I asked for this job. The extra money will definitely help, but mostly its because I miss what I love so much, and I need that little extra something to make my normal 9-5, Monday-Friday bearable. Some don't understand why I would want to work 6 days a week, but I never really thought of working in the mom & pop shop as real work because it was, and is, so fun!

So this past Saturday, my first day, was so great. I was scheduled to work 12 noon - 8 pm, but ended up staying until closing time at 9pm because it was so busy and I was having so much fun! I was utterly exhausted by the time I got home, and felt so great about it. My new boss said I did great on my first day, and I look forward to learning all I can about wine! As we were locking up, I asked "Same bat-time; same bat-channel?" He smiled, and said "most definitely! See you next weekend!"

It was the first time, in a very long time, that I actually left work with a smile on my face!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home