Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Cracker Jacks and 40's

Friday's game ROCKED! We won 9-6, and I made an awesome catch for a crucial out we needed. I was playing catcher again, and while my knees still haven't quite recovered (note to self, pack knee-brace for next game), I loved it. I feel like I actually contributed to the win instead of just filling the female quota we need without getting a penalty. Now it's another 1 1/2 weeks until the next one...what a tease!

The game itself was great, and a lot of fun, but being there and meeting all the guys was the highlight. While it's a 'company team' most of the people on it are those that used to work here and don't anymore...but the common thread and glue of the group is my Admirer from work. It's kind of a weird situation because they all know of me and about me, and I know of/about them, and have for months, but we all haven't met yet until last Friday night.

It was fun to put faces with the names and stories I've been hearing for months now. And bonding over many (MANY) rounds of drinks after the game really made me feel like part of the gang, and not just being there as Admirer's friend.

So, the season is definitely upon us and I'm as psyched as ever. I look forward to hanging out with this new group...maybe even talk some more of them into the Vegas trip in September?! Who knows! The summer is just starting (I know it's technically still only Spring...whatever!), and I have so many plans and ideas, it's going to be great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home