Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pulling Through

I heard from Steve yesterday around lunch time. He told me his dad pulled through the operation just fine, but that he had to remain in ICU overnight for observation. With any hope, he'll be moved to a regular room today, and remain there for at least the rest of the week.

I could hear the relief in his voice and felt the same relief in myself. He thanked me for caring, for calling and for offering to take the day off and hang out with him to keep his mind off of the surgery. He made the comment that his girlfriend didn't even offer to do that, and I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to take that any other way then just gratitude.

With any hope I'll be able to visit his dad at the house this weekend, and that his recovery remains on the upward trend. I can't even count the number of family gatherings I have been to at their house, and I didn't realize until I received that phone call how nervous and upset I was, too about the operation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home