Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mid-Christmas

Every year for the past three or four years, a group of my girlfriends and I celebrate Mid-Christmas. It started as a tradition because our one friend Zina and her sisters don't celebrate Christmas until the feast of the Three Kings as is their Russian Orthodox holiday. So, we started having a dinner party somewhere in between the December 25th and January 6th. Last night was our Mid-Christmas dinner. It was a little small this year, only being seven of us, but it was really nice to share great food and even better company. Being after the initial craze of the holiday, Mid-Christmas always gives you a chance to catch your breath and slow down a little, but still enjoy the Christmas season. It was so great to see Z and Tanya, and be there with Allison and Wangie. Laura even showed up, which always promises some great stories and humor, and Z and Tanya's middle sister Vika even stopped by after work!

When Allison and I finally got back home around 11:30pm, we finally exchanged presents between the two of us. Since we've been roommates, we go a little extra with each other and fill a stocking for the other person! It's good fun! Since she's been doing these photo projects for her family, I thought that maybe she should do something for herself, too, and I found this great frame for her. I also found a really cool t-shirt that was designed by an artist, and it's a fun design. Then I found her these note cards that have the Bitter with Baggage photos on them, which is one of her favorite books of all time. So, again, I was right on with the gift giving. And again, I got something from her that I've been wanting and was SO excited to get! I finally got my cordless drill and tool set!!!

I know what you might be thinking. A girl wants a power tool?! Well, HELL YEAH!! Why not?! Oh, I was so excited. And the tool set comes with a bunch of fun stuff like a ratchet set and alan keys, and those mini screw drivers that are great for fixing eye glasses! She totally rocks for remembering that I wanted that stuff!!! And on top of that, she filled my stocking with these mini-body soaps that I love, and these fun eye glitter stuff. I know, it's quite the opposite spectrum of power tools, but a girl can look and smell pretty while she's drilling holes in the wall, can't she?

Oh yeah, it's been a good Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home