Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Friday, December 29, 2006

New Year's Plans

I've finally made up my mind regarding New Year's Eve. I had been holding out, hoping for a boy to ask me out for the evening. A great concept, yes, but I've been letting all these other plans slip past me in the meantime. I've also just been so 'blah' in general about any plans. And in finally deciding to kick the habit of The Boy, in very much the same way, I'm not waiting on any guy for this evening. It's time to do for myself what I want to make me happy.

So, off to Pennsylvania!

Sounds exciting, huh?! Well, it should be. My sister lives in PA and is going to be throwing this kick-ass New Year's Eve party. My parent's are going, and offered to pick me up on the way. Because of my wishy-washy attitude, I told them not to worry about it.

Now, I'm all about it, BUT, the fun part is that I'm heading out with Wangie and we're not telling anyone...SURPRISE!! I'm so psyched, it's going to be a great time! Plus, up unitl now, I've been so reluctant to meet any of my sister's boyfriends family, and I want to change that. It's pretty obvious at this point that they're in it for the long haul, so I might as well just attack it like a band-aid.

It's not that I don't like Jeff. I do. He's a great guy, and is nice, but with it being my sister, I'm always going to think that nobody is good enough for her. So, I keep this feeling like if I don't meet his family, then it's not real. Silly, yes, and not exactly nice on my part. My parents and brother have all met his family, so it's just down to me. And part of my 'resolution' for the new year of 2007 is to make more of an effort! So, I'm kicking it off with attending the party, meeting his family, and just having an overall good time...hopefully! And I'll have Wangie with me as a support base, so it's all good! And she's pretty excited to see my sister and her new house, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home