Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Surprise, Surprise!!

So Wangie and I made it safe and sound to my sister's in P.A. and boy was everyone surprised. The weekend started off to a rough start with a flat tire, but hopefully it's smooth sailing from here...fingers crossed.

I'm still very nervous about meeting Jeff's entire family in one straight shot...kind of like baptism by fire, but I do truly believe that I owe it to my sister and myself and family to do this and give it a chance if Jeff is really going to be a part of this family. As I sit here in the living room, watching my dad help Jeff set up his train set, it takes me back to when I used to do the very same thing with my brother and dad countless Christmas' for years. It has helped me see how my parents now really feel about him being a part of my sister's life and now as a part of this family.

So, tomorrow starts the festivities, and I am confident that Wangie, with her eternal fount of optimism, will help me get through the weekend. And even if things don't go so smoothly with the rest of the family, at least I now know that I am A-OK with Jeff being a part of the family. I can't imagine him NOT being at the family holidays/events. So, here's to starting off my New Year's resolution on the right foot and doing something solely for the sake of my sister, my very best friend in the whole world who I would do anything and everything for.

Have a great weekend, and I'll blog you next year! :)

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home