Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Home, Sweet Home!

This past weekend marked two years being in my apartment. It is the only other home I know outside of the home I grew up in. It has taken a lot of work, paint, spackle, and caulk, but it is a place that I can truly feel at home in. And to mark that passage of time, and sense of 'home,' two things occurred this weekend.

Friday night I made a special trip out to my parent's to finally pick up my keyboard. It was so exciting, and I was up until midnight playing. I always told myself that music and the piano are very important, and that I would always have a piano in any home I had. So, finally bringing a piano into my apartment felt like an affirmation of it being considered a home to me.

Then on Saturday night, I had a little party at my place, as only a little apartment can hold. There were eight of us total, scattered on our couches and floor. It was so great because there were friends there from different circles, and yet it seemed like everyone got along and had a great time! It was a themed party, Taco Night, and it was just a good evening of getting together and having a bunch of laughs and catching up. A few people couldn't make it, which was disappointing, but I don't foresee this being the last party. It just felt so good to have friends come to where you live and enjoy the company and food and conversation. And as my one friend was leaving, she said "I really like your home! It seems just like you, and very well lived in!" That, to me, is a great sense of accomplishment and made me feel really great inside. It has given me something of my own to really take pride in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home