Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Monday, January 08, 2007

The Mantra in My Head

Clean! Clean! Clean! Clean! Clean! Clean! Clean! Clean! Clean! Clean!

Still at it, and I have never felt so invigorated! Well, that's probably a lie, but the point is, I've been doing all this physical cleaning, and on Saturday I did some mental cleaning, that I just feel so great about myself, my apartment, and life in general!

Yeah, sick in the head, right?

WRONG!

Since I moved into my apartment two years ago (this coming weekend, actually), my roommate and I have never done a top to bottom, full-out cleaning frenzy. I mean, we keep the place clean, but never like a full blown spring cleaning deal! And, since I've been doing this, I've motivated my roommate to do the same!

Saturday, it was so GORGEOUS. The weather was clear and warm, the sky was blue, and birds were singing...obviously they're flight departure south for the winter has been delayed...and I spent the entire day in NYC with close friends. I met Christina at The Whitney Art museum for breakfast and we went to check out the Picasso exhibit. The Artist and his friend Sue met us there as well. The visit was great, and mentally stimulating. From there, we headed to Chelsea where The Artist was having a piece exhibited in a gallery show. Wangie showed up, which was a great surprise, along with The Artist's brother, brother's fiance, and Sue's boyfriend Moses.

After the show, we all went to dinner at this great Italian place. The food was amazing, the conversation intellectually stimulating, and the time spent with friends cherished. Afterwards, The Artist, myself, Sue and Moses headed out to Long Island (out by where they all live), and headed to a local bar and hung out for a while. All things considered, it was a pretty early night, leaving the bar around midnight, but after being up since 7am, it had felt like I was awake and on my feet for an eternity. So, I crashed at his place, and he cooked me breakfast the next morning. And then we were lazy all morning and early afternoon napping on the couch off and on while watching football! It was the perfect ending to the time spent with him.

I got back to my place around 4pm and continued the cleaning frenzy! I got so much done yesterday, its awesome! And now I have room and space for my brand-spanking new keyboard! I think I'm going to head out to L.I. one night this week to pick it up! I can't WAIT!!! So excited!

Weeeee!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home