Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolutions

Generally, I don't believe in a New Year's resolution. To make one admits that there are things you wished you did differently, ergo regret. I have thus far been successful in my life of not regretting decisions and choices I have made. If something does not turn out the way I had hoped, I try my hardest to find the silver lining, learn from the experience and move on. Side bar example: haven't talked to The Boy in over 2 weeks now...silver lining: I am now the proud owner of the new Superman movie, which he left at my house the last time he was over! Ha!

This year for 2007 is the first time in at least 5 years that I have made a resolution for the New Year. It's not so much because I regret something I have done, but more of a realization that I need to grow as a person, and thus I made a deal with myself that I am going to try my hardest to be a better person by being a more acceptant and understanding person.

I have many things that I want to, and need to accomplish by the end of this month alone. Numero Uno is to do the housecleaning thing. I can't expect myself to be ready for any sort of living changes if my environment is a natural disaster. I started on that right when I got back home from the weekend yesterday. I'm essentially grounding myself this week, allowing myself only one night out, so I stay in clean. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!! As a double motivation, I'm organizing a little dinner party so it forces me to clean for company! Sneaky, yes, but I learned that trick from my mom!

Number Two: to STAY neat and tidy once it's all said and done! MUCH easier said than done! If I have any real hope of getting back into Wicca, I am going to need a neat and tidy living space to keep away negative energy and chaos.

Next would be to start actively seeking new employment. I was hoping that with the change coming this spring, things would get better at the new job, but in realizing that they are laying off two entire departments, how am I going to learn those department functions if they aren't here anymore?! Yeah, that line of logic proved that maybe I should get out now while I don't feel any attachments!

And finally (for now anyways), is to start looking at my sister's boyfriend like the brother I know he's going to be shortly. Jeff dropped the comment to me at New Years that it won't be much longer until he makes an "honest woman" out of my sister. Knowing him and how he judges time, I'm not thinking it's going to happen next month, but most likely sometime this year. So, I totally have to start getting into Maid-of-Honor mode! Crazy in my mind, but knowing myself, I need to start mentally preparing myself now!

Not so much the baby-steps that I would prefer, but I think that if I can get through the first month or so of this new year 2007 and at least keep on track mentally, than I don't think I need to worry! Plus, my horoscope totally ROCKED for this month, so Boo-Ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home