Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Meet Oscar!

I'm coming down to the wire of finishing my frenzy. I did the laundry (and put it all away...shocking, I know!), I've vacuumed my room and the hallway, and everything is now out of the living room except for one last bag of rubbage and the vacuum cleaner for when I vacuum that room as well. I even, finally, put all of my other miscellaneous Christmas gifts in their rightful places. Last night, I even took back to the stores the gifts that needed returning! So, all that's left to do is vacuum the living room and straighten up the kitchen!
Tada! *Applause* *Applause*
So, last night as the Roommate and I were out and about running errands and returning stuff, we stopped off in the pet store to get a replacement fish for the one of hers that had died. (Steve, the beta fish, had a long life of 3+ years and decided to kick it during the week she was on vacation last fall, leaving me with all the guilt in the world!)
But while we were looking at them, I saw this really pretty one and just had to have him! I've never had a beta fish before! And the moment I saw him, I knew his name was Oscar and he had to be mine!
So, meet Oscar! This is the closest picture on the Internet that I could find that looks like him, and it is a striking resemblance! He's a light blue in body, and the fins are this pretty peachy color. And the shape and flow of the fins is really quite elegant! I'm such a proud mama!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home