Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Guess What I'm Doing...

…writing this from my brand-spanking-new laptop! WHILE STEALING INTERNET!!!!!! (god bless wireless connections!) That’s right, folks, it arrived today. Haven’t worked out all of the kinks yet (i.e. wireless Internet and VNP access, whatever the hell that is), but I don’t care because it’s finally in my possession and it’s SHINY!!! Oh Sweet Dell, how I love thee! Let me count the ways!!

Overall it was a great day at work. I started working on a major inventory review project that is going to involve another major project two months from now dealing with the 2008 budget! Shwanky! So, not only am I NOT bored at work anymore, the things I’m doing actually have an important impact in the company as a whole! Woot, Woot! Look at me and my bad self, being all important! Boo-Yah!

Also, my boss (back from being on strict bed-rest for almost two weeks) catches me up on things that she is going over with her boss (the department director), and things she needs to catch him up on before she goes on maternity leave…which could seriously happen any day, that woman is about to POP! She continues to tell me that not only will she be working from home on Friday’s (as is her norm), she now has approval for working from home on Thursday’s as well! This is both good and bad for me, but I’ll adapt and work it all out.

AND she’s finally getting to the point where she’s relinquishing some responsibilities for the sole fact that she realizes I’m not going to be able to wait on her ass for three months to approve print runs and reprint requests (completely unrealistic, people), and that she hired me for my inventory forecasting/planning experience so it’s about time for her to let me step up my game and actually do what she hired me to do.

Then, to round off a great day, she informs me that not only will I be traveling to our sister company in Chicago in June, back to our warehouse in MD in July, but that she also wants me to take a trip to one of our major vendors in Lancaster, PA. Woo-Hoo! Traveling! Hence the laptop! I’m pretty psyched about it. The only downer may be if I miss any softball games during the travel periods, because that would really stink. But then again, my company is willing to send me on three, all expenses paid trips to meet and greet! Fun times, fun times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home