Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

M*E*S*S*Y cont'd

Ok, so even though The Boy didn't call, I had every intention to actually go to the party over the weekend and just be obnoxiously in his face about being there, but fate was not on my side...or was she?!

Friday night I ended up burning my arm pretty badly...cooking, for Christ's sake! Me, who's been cooking for years, has finally had my first cooking/kitchen accident ever! And it was an oil burn, which is really, REALLY bad, for those that don't know. I've got a patch of skin missing on my wrist about the size of a half-dollar, and it's been 4 days now and it's still raw! So, with the burning of wrist and all, I was really out of it for the rest of the weekend. Shock set in, I ended up passing out, hitting my head, and yadda, yadda, yadda...Carolyn's weekend has just been benched!

So I slept on and off for the weekend, missing the party and nursing my wound. It's definitely going to leave a scar, so now I have to come up with a funny story to tell people when they ask me about it. I'm thinking along the lines of Ninja-warrior, battle scar?!

Back to The Boy...Once he found out about my kitchen debacle, he was oober concerned. His behavior was one of a protective boyfriend, which I don't get at all. Yesterday at the game, he was flirty and concerned, offered to drive me home like normal. When it came time to the good-bye when dropping me off, he leaned in for a kiss! Can you believe it? After all the distancing and crap he's been pulling? So, I just gave him a little peck on the lips...so much harder than it seems. I had almost forgotten how yummy his lips are, and it's just not fair! *pout* So today, we've been emailing, and he's all flirty again, but I'm just trying to play it cool and distance myself somewhat, too, because I need to! I can't keep falling into these relationships where the guy makes it seem like sex=emotional attachment. They say a few key phrases to make you feel all secure and sure about your frame of mind and then it just gets all complicated. I just wish that when a guy is looking for a lay, why can't he just say that?! "hey, you're cool, I think we can just have some fun together." Is it so hard to put that sentence together?

So let's recap the month of August so far: stupid boy being shoddy; window in car smashed; bodily harm by cooking; stupid boy being shoddy some more...I really hope that August is on it's way up for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home