Flighty and Free, or at Least Trying to Be!

A Twenty-Something Urbanite, with a little taste of wanderlust, who's just trying to find her way in this semi-charmed kind of life!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Upward and Onward!

So my last day at work was on Wednesday. It was a very busy day for me, it actually went by very quickly...a little too quickly. No matter how much I am excited about the new job, I still wasn't ready for it to be over at The Bird so quickly. But, all good things must come to an end...but not without a customary Bov-Voyage bar-night! It was a lot of fun, and I was very touched at how many people actually came out. Granted, everyone will use any excuse to go out drinking, but everyone still had a good word to say, and it was nice. I was even really good about crying. I didn't shed a single tear until Ali said good-bye. It's not that I dont' think I'll ever see her again, because I will (heck, I'm invited to the wedding!) but there's still a lot of emotion when realizing you're not going to be seeing one of your good friends every single day now! That one constant is no longer in my life. I know I'll have that at other places, but it's still just not the same. So, here's my shout-out to Ali Girl:

To go from being my first 'real boss' to becoming a close friend, Ali is just an amazing person. She has been more than my profession instructor, she has given me sound advice when it come to life as well. She is one of the most grounded people I know, even when being ruled by emotion. So, my thanks and eternal gratitude go out to her for just simply being who she is! Being a diamond in the rough, I truly believe that fate has great things in store for her! Her 'great perhaps' is only good things to come!

Alright folks, well, I'm off to visit the Sis in the Sweetest Place On Earth! So, if I don't post for the weekend, that's why! Peace out, boy scout!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home